$11 per copy (cover price is $16)
All copies are autographed by the author
Makes an excellent gift
Please indicate who you'd like the author to make it out to and/or the inscription, otherwise it will be made out to you. Shipping takes 3-5 business days.
Just being old is not enough. These Chicago bars have stood the test of time. Within the covers of this book, you'll learn the stories behind Chicago's best nightspots: how they came to be, their intertwining histories, uniqueness, celebrity clientele, and their place within the culture of the great city of Chicago. We even threw in the most historic suburban bars, taverns we miss the most, and 24 do-it-yourself historic pub crawls.
- What is the oldest tavern in Chicago?
- What Chicago bar received the first liquor license following Prohibition?
- What were the favorites places of Al Capone and Frank Sinatra?
- What was Chicago's first tavern and where was it located?
- What is the oldest blues bar, jazz club, sports bar and wine bar?
- In what tavern did Hunter S. Thompson smash a urinal?
- What is the author's favorite bar?
Cover Price: $15.95
Specifications: 4" x 9", 250+ pages, soft cover
Extras: pub crawls, appendices, index, photos, maps